looking for a new recipe to try for super bowl sunday? something filling and tasty? take a look at this amazing recipe for pulled pork sliders from eatingwell.com!
this recipe makes about 8 servings [about a cup each] so adjust accordingly for your party size.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raw cane sugar, such as demerara or turbinado [see notes]
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce [heinz]
- 1 1/2-3 teaspoons minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce [see notes]
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder or blade (butt) roast, trimmed
- prepare by heating the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. add the onions. cook until they are soft and add the sugar until they are browned [this takes about 6-8 minutes]. next, add the garlic, oregono, salt and pepper. cook and stir for 1 minute. add the vinegar and bring to a boil. cook until it’s mostly evaporated [30 seconds to a minute]. remove from the heat and add the chili sauce and chipotle to taste.
- place the pork in a 4 quart [or larger] slow cooker and pour the sauce over the pork. cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. the pork should almost be falling apart.
- remove the pork, place on a clean flat surface [cutting board] and shred the pork [can do this with 2 forks]. stir the pork back into the sauce.
you can do step one up to two days before and refrigerate to save yourself some time on game day!
also, garnish your sandwich with whatever toppings you want. pickles? cole slaw? pickles? mustard? melted cheese? you pick!
happy super bowl sunday from style house realty!